Friday, April 17, 2009

some rough concept stuff

ok so I thought I'd post up some rough drawings I was doing while trying to figure out some environment stuff so you guys can see where I'm at and tell me what you think. Not sure about the look of the buildings. They might look too modern and neat for the period but these are just rough initial ideas. I just got some ideas from looking at some old European cities and medieval suburbs.



This is something I was thinking as a view towards the end of street towards the castle off in the distance.



This was something I was thinking about for where the noticeboard might be situated. Thought it could be across the road or near KnightMouse's house. Maybe have it in a courtyard area. I was thinking we could set up why he's so jumpy with the shadow overhead if we have a hawk or other predatory bird perched near noticeboard.


This was an idea for a rough layout of the area of the city in which our story takes place. I was thinking if we situate the action on a corner of a street we don't have to worry about background elements such as heaps of building going off in the distance down the streets. Plus if our background is just some buildings in the immediate area it would add to the feeling of congested and populated area.



This was just an idea for a street corner and some possible props that could populate the city streets.



And lastly here's a rough drawing of what I was thinking for inside his house. I was toying with the idea of him using found objects as props in his home, sort of as a reminder of his size and place in the real world. And I'm not sure whether we're still gonna use mounted heads on the wall but if we were we could animals that prey on mice as his trophies such as cats, snakes, hawks, owls, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment